We hope your holiday season has been joyful and fufilling. After the busy-ness of December, we will
begin planning in earnest for spring on the farm! For once, we are thankful for a long winter.
Many have asked us why we would buy a farm. Here are a few of our reasons:
1. We want to know where our food comes from. Specifically, we want it to be produced in a
sustainable and ethical manner.
2. There is a need for locally-produced, healthy food in our community.
3. We enjoy the physical and emotional effort of caring for the land. Our goal is to leave the earth
better than we found it.
4. It will foster community-building. Trust us, we will need plenty of help! We plan to give back with
education events and a fall party.
Our plans for 2012 include:
1. Attempting to honor and continue the amazing work that David and Natasha began.
2. Growing a managable garden while we learn the ropes. This will be done organically.
3. Having a variety of livestock, including a small herd of grass-fed cows, pigs, meat and egg-laying
4. Learning about the bees, hopefully with a batch of honey to come.
5. Tapping the maple trees in the spring.
Long term goals:
1. Adding wind and solar energy.
2. The sky is the limit!
We look foward to seeing you on the farm!
John and Wendy